Saville Wave: The Next Generation Assessment Tool
HURIS has partnered with McClelland Consulting to introduce to the Philippines the most powerful and accurate psychometric assessment: the Saville Wave.
Developed by the Saville Consulting Group, the Saville Wave is a revolutionary tool that measures motives, talents, preferred culture and competency potential in one dynamic online questionnaire. It helps Organizations assess potential candidates for recruitment, development, talent management, succession planning, leadership programs, coaching and career planning.
The Saville Wave’s unique features include:
1. Work-related factors
The Saville Wave is the only psychometric tool to identify work motives and talents. It looks at items such as a candidate’s comfort with IT, networking, and building rapport; how he or she engages others, takes responsibility for big decisions, and identifies business opportunities. Other assessments generally test behaviors not related to work.
2. Most comprehensive
The Wave Model has 4 Clusters: Thought, Influence, Adaptability and Delivery. Each cluster is subdivided into 12 Sections, 36 Dimensions, and has a total of 108 Facets. This gives a more comprehensive description of an individual’s personality, motives, and talents.
3. Highest quality rating
The British Psychological Society gave the Saville Wave a rating of 27/30 stars. The British Psychological Society reviews psychometric tests for Quality of Documentation, Quality of Materials, Norm and Reference Groups, Construct Validity, Criterion-related Validity, and Overall Reliability.
4. Most valid tool
It is the most valid indicator of competency potential and cultural fit. The Saville Wave was stated to be 20% more accurate at predicting work performance than the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, OPQ32i, Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) and 16PF5.
5. Next generation features
The Saville Wave assessment uses 3 next generation features – the Wave Deep Dives – to give remarkable insights and unique profiles which sit beneath overall scores.
- Facet Ranges – Explore where an individual has a more unusual spread or range of score across three facet
- Motive-Talent Splits – Compare an individual’s motives and talents
- Normative-Ipsative Splits – Control for distortion: highlight areas where candidates are not consistent in their ratings of themselves and their behavior under pressure
6. One test, many reports
The Saville Wave generates an integrated suite of reports spanning all areas of talent management from one questionnaire:
- Development – illustrates existing capability and areas of overplayed strengths. Provides development tips to achieve full potential.
- Types – distinguishes approaches to tasks and people to enhance organizational and team dynamics
- Team Roles – identifies the most and least preferred team roles to contribute effectively to a high performance team
- Leadership – identifies leadership potential for talent selection and development in line with situational effectiveness
- Reflections – recognizes negative and positive elements of work styles. Encourages developmental self-awareness to achieve optimum performance
- Sales – builds high quality sales teams by identifying individuals with potential and talent to succeed in sales roles
- Entrepreneurial Potential – powerful predictor of the ability to create and add value to an organization through entrepreneurial talent
An official launch for the Saville Wave was held last November 27, at the Hotel Intercontinental, where representatives from 15 companies were introduced to Saville Wave, its distinctive features, and the advantages and the ROI of its validity. The guests were also given an opportunity to experience firsthand the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the Saville Wave Test by taking the test themselves.
The general feedback of the group was that the tool is very useful for profiling candidates for Recruitment and Selection, Succession Planning, Talent Development, Leadership Development and Coaching.